Friday, May 20, 2011

Baby Shower Bites!!!- May 2011

Happy Friday!! It is a gorgeous day here in Marysville WA as I sit and type out this blog. I hope it lasts for a while!! :)

So my friend Kristina called a week or so ago and asked me if I would like to make some Bizzle Bites for a baby shower that she was helping coordinate at her school for a teacher. I again jumped at the opportunity and was super excited about doing Bites for a shower. My first!!

The shower was not the typical all blue boy or all girl pink theme shower. They were doing like an ocean theme and the colors were purple, blue and green. And she was having a girl and was not a big fan of the pink thing. So with that said I was a little stumped at what I was going to do. But after a long trip to the fabric store and a lot of back and forth hemming and haaing this is what I came up with...

Sorry again about the poor lighting in my dining room but I think you can get the jist of it. For this display I used square cut foam (thank you again to my awesome husband for helping me with that) and covered it in a blue tinted marshmallow fondant and painted a white pearl dust on it for it to shimmer. Boy that fondant gave me trouble. I am so not making that again and am going to go with the pre-made stuff and just color that.
The Bizzle Bites themselves were half chocolate and half yellow cake. I made a vanilla butter cream frosting and mixed some of that in the cake for the binder. They were then dipped in white chocolate colored and decorated with different mediums of the 3 shower theme colors: purple, blue and green.

After the display was mostly dry and done (it took forever for that fondant to dry!) I took some ribbon with different polka dots on it and wrapped the fondant tiers with that. It kinda gave the display a water/ocean look I think. And when I wrapped the BB up I tied a little plastic pacifier through the ribbon as a little baby shower favor. They were finished with a purple ribbon.
And there you have it. Even though I thought the fondant could have been nicer (I am still trying to perfect covering with that stuff) it turned out nice for the most part. And the guest of honor loved it so that is all that mattered. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment